Welcome to the official RubIRCd site. RubIRCd is an Internet Relay Chat server written entirely in the Ruby Programming Language.
The project wiki contains documentation for configuration, installation, creating your own modules, and more. Have a look.
Version 0.1a "maiden voyage" is available in tar.bz2, tar.gz, and zip formats at the following locations:
Version 0.2a "mildly dangerous" is currently under way.
- IPv6 support
- Client SSL support
- Completely threaded
- Extensible via loadable modules
- Runs wherever Ruby is available
- Easy-to-read source and fewer lines of code compared to other IRC servers written in C and C++
- Client TLS support
- Server SSL linking
- Integrated services
- Server-to-server linking
- Native support for select()
- epoll and kqueue support using EventMachine
The source code is browseable and obtainable via git and svn at the following locations:
You can submit bug reports and support requests via the ticketing system. An account is required.